Here is a creation that I made from the inspiration of Disney's Frozen. The cupcakes are white vanilla with a snowy blue frosting and topped with a white chocolate snowflake.
Here is a close up of the cupcakes....
How to make the White Chocolate Snowflakes...
- Create a template of the size and design of the snowflake you want to create.
- Place the template paper underneath a piece of wax or parchment paper, I taped the template and wax paper to a cookie sheet so it was easier to transport to the freezer after I piped them .
- Melt white chocolate chips in a double broiler, or in the microwave until completely melted.
- Place the melted white chocolate into a sandwich bag with a tip cut off, or use a thin Wilton piping tip to pipe the melted white chocolate on top of the wax paper. Careful, the white chocolate will be hot, so you may want to let it cool for a little bit before you pipe it so you don't burn your hands :0)
- I sprinkled granulated sugar onto the top of the still wet, piped snowflakes to give them a frosty look.
- Let set and cool, or place them in the fridge/freezer to harden before topping them onto your cupcakes.
***** Tip: Leave the snowflakes in the freezer until the last possible minute before you place them onto your finished cupcakes because they soften very quickly, this helps lessen the chance of your snowflakes cracking or snapping while you are assembling your cupcakes.
The White Chocolate Snowflake Template that I created...
You can click on this picture and print it out, or come up with your own!
Have fun Baking!